Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Fun

The weather has finally cooled off. On Saturday it was absolutely amazing - I'm talking 65 and sunny! We played most of the day with some friends and at one point went to a local pumpkin patch. We showed up right as they were closing, but the kiddos still had a great time.

Here's the usual family photo. Not too bad - huh?


Kendall was really proud of her pumpkin and her ponies. She's such a big girl now!


Kinley posing with her pumpkin


Kinley and her BFE (best friend EVER) Bryleigh riding a little train thingy



Kinley launching a horse apple. I wish I could have caught a picture of her face. She was scrunching her face up trying to stretch back as far as she could. I thought it was hilarious.


Sisters coming out of the hay bale maze

The kids really did have a great time at the pumpkin patch. I think we are planing on going to an other one, possibly with more things to do and more time to do it all in. Most important though...as we were getting in the car to leave Kinley says, "Mom, I had a great time!" It was all worth it:)

Kendall has started "helping" me with the dishes. Kinley never really got into the cabinets much. She knew there was one with cookie cutters in it and she just played in that one, but Kendall...she likes opening all the cabinets, slamming the doors, and of course taking things out. Of course we tell her no. Being a smart little girl, she will do it again, wait and look for us to tell her no again and then shake her head no, no, no. Too funny - Tom and I try not to laugh when she does this to us.


Kinley's pre-K class went to the fire department again this year. Kinley let me go this time, so it was really neat for me. They watched a fire safety video about a fire in your house, then they did a little activity practicing what they watched. Kinley did great, although, she's starting to "show off" when people are watching her.


Kendall has mastered walking with the little scooter. It used to get away from her, but she practically runs with it now - until she hits something. I can walk with her holding onto only one hand, but when I let go she just stands and slowly squats down to crawl. I don't think it will be too much longer, but when it happens she'll be gone.









No comments: