Saturday, March 13, 2010

Knoxville Trip

When this opportunity presented itself to me, I snatched it up as fast as I could. We had a plane ticket that needed to be spent, and an invitation to a baby shower in Knoxville. Perfect!

As a treat, the girls and I drove into Kansas City the night before our trip to stay in a hotel. Kinley has always loved hotels, and this one had a pool - the best thing in her world. This was the first time Kendall had been swimming. I guess technically she still hasn't because we stayed in the hot tub (I really don't like cold water).

Here's Kendall floating in the hot tub. Don't freak out - I'm holding her legs:)


Kendall thinks her sister is the most hilarious thing in the world. Nothing can make her smile like Kinley. I know I'm a little biased, but I thing this is the most amazing smile!

Sometime in the last little bit, my big girl has turned into a little person. I don't really know when it happened, but she isn't a "little kid" anymore. She does and says things to me everyday that amaze me. Lately she's been telling me what she wants to be when she grows up.
mermaid
mommy
helper
fairy godmother
soldier
married to Jimbo with 10 kids
Whatever she tells me, I just smile at her and say okay and let her dream. She sees lots of soldiers here because of Ft. Riley, and we've had talks about what soldiers do. I decided to tell her they fight to keep us safe and free. Of course she asks, "If a bad guy comes into her house will a soldier kill him?" So I tell her first, a bad guy won't come in our house, and second, soldiers fight bad guys far far away. She nods and tells me if a bad guy does come in our house, she'll just kick him so he dies -great (can you see my eye roll?)!


The point is Kinley is getting all grown up on me. Here she is at the hotel pool showing me how she can put her face in the water.


So, we made to to Knoxville. I can't believe its been over a year since we've been back. We had dinner with 4 of our friends, including the expectant couple. We had a great dinner and even talked about how first babies are usually late and to hang in there - she looked great!

The girls and I stayed at our friend's house who are grandparents to twins, so the accommodations were great for us. I crashed hard and luckily after a little bit of whining, the girls did too.
I got up Saturday morning to get ready for the shower and got a text that her water had already broken! Major change of plans. Hands down I'd love to see a precious new baby than a baby shower any day!

Long story short, well shortened, I got the girls' pictures taken, hung out with friends, went to church and finally got to go see the baby - a truly great weekend.
Sassy Kinley .....................................Angel Kinley


Big girl Kendall
This is how many of our pictures turn out. Kinley want to be in Kendall's face and kiss her all the time.
Don't worry grandparents, you have even better ones coming in the mail!


No comments: