Saturday, December 20, 2008

What a week!

As they say, when it rains it pours. This was definately true for us this past week. We thought things were finally falling into place, but they were beginning to fall apart. First, we found renters for our house only to have them cancel at the last possible moment. Second, Kinley and I went to pick up my mom from the airport, and on the way home slid off the road into a ditch. We got a wrecker to pull us out, but my car wasn't driving so well, so we called a friend and left my car in Topeka. Tom was just able to pick my car up today, and get it back to Manhattan. We drove down to Texas in Tom's car only to get here and take it to the shop to get the brake pads and rotors changed. Our friends have been trying to help Tom move out of the apartment, but one of their cars broke down and the other got in a wreck on the icy roads in Manhattan. So, needless to say things are not going well. I pray that we can only go up from here.

No comments: