Thursday, April 26, 2007

Napping

Ever since I have known Tom, he has taken a daily nap. Just a short 10-30 minute type. It depends on the day. Amazingly, Kinley loves taking naps with her dad. I have quite a few pictures of the two of them dozing off. I don't know how he does it. Whenever I'm tired and want Kinley to nap, its a no-go, but he'll just put her in his lap and when I come and check on them, they are out.


Most people would agree that one of the best things in the whole world is holding a sleeping baby. I don't know if it captures the innocence and dependence on you, or just that they are finally asleep and not moving or crying or needing anything from you. Whatever it is, it is the best! Apparently Tom also feels this way. He must feed off of her comfort and also sleep; or maybe its the other way around and that makes Kinley calm and sleepy. I don't know, but these are a few of the napping pictures I have, and they are some of my favorites.
The first picture is when Kinley is just a few days old; the second I think was from last May, so about 2 months old, and the third is from last night. As you can see, Kinley has her wrist taped up. Tom was throwing earlier at practice, and now whenever he tapes his wrist, she also likes to have her little wrist taped, but she likes it so much it stays on until bath or bed whichever comes first.
Obviously I cherish the time when they are both sleeping too, but its also mesmerizing. I find myself continually watching them or making excuses to keep checking on them. They just fill my hear with joy and love like I didn't know was possible until now. Whatever the attraction, I thank God for the feeling.

1 comment:

Tim O'Hare said...

I don't know what it is either, but anytime I hold Conner I want to fall asleep and most times do. Great pics.

- O'Hare