Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kinley Getting Married

I know she's only 2, but she keeps telling me she wants to get married. She just watched Aladdin and then The Little Mermaid, and they get married. I'm pretty sure she likes the fluffy dress and all the frills, but one thing she's noticed they have is a vail.

It all started like this...

I have decided that Kinely is going to be an angel for Halloween and I will wear a headband with devil horns - yes, I do like to get dressed up. I found a package of horns attached to a red boa. She wanted to wear them in the store still on the package. I didn't care, so sure. Once I got them on her, she said, "Look Mom, now I'm married!" It took me a while to understand, but she meant she had on a tiara with a red boa vail. She does have a great imagination.

For days now, she has been asking me for a vail so she can be married. Yesterday I found a headband and some tulle to make all her dreams come true. This is the final product - of course once she had on the vail, she had to put on her dancing dress, dancing skirt, and dancing shoes.
You might think this outfit is complete, but like any blushing bride, she turns to me and says, "Mom, I need some flowers to get married." No joke! The saying goes that every girl has been planning her wedding since she was 5; well, I guess it will be 2 1/2 for Kinley:)

No comments: